I wish we had more mashup films like AVP or Freddy v. Jason, or at least some sequels that were willing to try something new. I can think of a couple dozen guaranteed hits right off the ol’ bean:
- Back to the Future / Terminator: Picture the T-1000 clinging to the back of the Delorean
- Big Lebowski / the Muppet Caper: The exact same movie but with muppets
- 90 minutes of Tom Cruise running / Speed
- Ken Burns: A Captain America Civil War
- Die Hard: Assisted Living Community
- James Bond cracks and turns into a villain – Jason Bourne tasked to bring him down.
- Shawshank Redemption, but they are all ghosts inside the Ghostbusters ghost storage facility.
- Christine / Fast and Furious
- Mrs. Doubtfire is The Fugitive
- The Jungle Book / Predator
- National Lampoons Addams Family Vacation
- Beetlejuice vs The Exorcist
- Bill & Ted phone booth breaks down in a concentration camp (serious)
- Con Air / Sully
- Conan the Barbarian Coming to America
- Edward Scissorhands / Barbershop
- Godfather vs. Godfather II
- Up / Gravity
- Gremlins / Waterworld
- 2001 / Her
- Highlander but the duels are face-melting guitar solos
- Indiana Jones and the Planet of the Apes
- Groundhog Day but from the perspective of Ned Ryerson, who is also trapped in the same day.
- Kong : Jurassic Park
- Two hours of Sean Connery working as a speech pathologist. First client: Stallone. Like a Finding Forrester for overcoming speech impediments
Published by Nicholai
I am a lowly public servant who enjoys writing mostly true accounts of the magical mundane world.
View all posts by Nicholai